Premier Family Medical, a large group of family and specialty physicians, found it difficult to dedicate time to the growing needs of practice management. Due to continued patient growth, expansion of practices, and the introduction of new services, PFM physicians knew that time requirements for practice management activities would continue to increase. Committed to excellence in patient care and doctor-first core beliefs, PFM physicians recognized the need to review its business operations functions. PFM partnered with Sendero to perform an organizational and business assessment focused on roles and responsibilities, realignment, and process improvement to find efficiencies and better empower physicians to provide quality in-patient care.
Committed to excellence in patient care and doctor-first core beliefs, PFM physicians recognized the need to review its business operations functions.
Sendero began its work by conducting a series of interviews with members of the leadership team and employees of each business function to learn about current operations, processes, and reporting requirements. Interviews were conducted using a semi-structured technique allowing for flexibility in questions based on variations in responses. After analyzing responses and holding follow-up conversations, the Sendero team developed the following deliverables:
- Current state assessment of practice operations, processes, and organizational structure
- Organizational change recommendations to achieve business goals and address process gaps
- Governance model and communication plan for operational and executive committees
- Roles and responsibilities documentation for additional leadership recommendation
- Operational recommendations for continuous improvement and revenue maximization
Sendero provided PFM with a targeted list of recommendations to improve operations, including actionable next steps from executive to administrative office levels. Some recommendations were capitalized on immediately, and PFM has begun seeing positive improvement in its operations. These actions included the following:
- Implementation of a shared success bonus to distribute reporting requirements workload
- Organizational realignment to increase productivity and meet growing business needs
- Use of a new communication plan for targeted and consistent messaging