Human Resources Director
As Director of Human Resources, Donna’s primary responsibility is to provide oversight of HR administration including ensuring compliance with regulations, facilitating performance management administration, and conducting salary benchmarking and management.
With more than 20 years of experience in HR that spans multiple industries, Donna also plays a key role in providing support and guidance for Sendero’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts.
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” —Mary Engelbreit
Skills & Experience
- BA in Elementary Education from University of Northern Iowa
- Over 20 years of experience in HR spanning multiple states and industries
- Maintains both SPHR and SHRM-SCP certifications
- Member of SHRM national and local Dallas Chapter
- Served with her husband as co-presidents of the West Point Parents Club / San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles
MORE ABOUT DONNA
Donna’s passions outside of work include golf, home projects, reading, time with family, and dining with friends. She and her husband Kent have one son, a daughter-in-law, and granddaughter Imogen “Gigi.” After living in five states, she decided the Texas summers were a clear winner over the Midwest winters.
The culture at Sendero could not be any more ideal for an HR professional. From day one, I have always appreciated the opportunity to contribute to an environment that truly values its people. This is demonstrated in how employees are cared for with opportunities to learn and grow as well as the programs, policies, and offerings that help support them and those they care about.Donna Gerdes