Start your career off on the right path
You’ve learned well. Now you’re ready for a place where lifelong learners are encouraged to branch out and reach their full potential. Are you interesting in beginning your career at a firm where tackling challenging projects, making a measurable impact, and building lasting relationships are part of your job description? Here’s how to get started.
Sendero actively recruits on college campuses for internships and full-time entry-level positions, with an emphasis on finding talented new consultants to bring on board. We hire across all majors and backgrounds, which fosters diversity of thought throughout our company.
Beginning your career at Sendero offers you a rare opportunity to make a positive impact, excel at doing challenging work, learn from an exceptional team, and grow along with us.
Gain experience across multiple service offerings. Channel your entrepreneurial spirit. Broaden your horizons with unique client projects and internal initiatives. Adapt to new and evolving market trends. You’ll do all this and more, while receiving vital training, mentoring, guidance, and support along the way.
Sound appealing? Read on to learn more about full-time entry-level opportunities, or learn more about our Internships today.
A Day in the Life of An Associate
Is there such a thing as a “typical day” in consulting? No two days are exactly alike. Your specific responsibilities, the client’s goals, and the Sendero team structure will change from one project to the next.
That being said, there are similarities in the way projects run. Whether you’re working at the Sendero office, at a client site, or from home, here’s what you might expect to encounter during your day at Sendero:
A Day in the Life of an Associate at Sendero
Career Growth At Sendero
“Introduction To Associate” is our formal onboarding program for entry-level consulting hires. It takes place during your first two weeks at Sendero. You’ll learn about Sendero’s history and culture, consulting skills, job expectations, and all the things you need to feel prepared for your first day at the client site!
ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE
Finishing onboarding and training is just the beginning – as a consultant, about 70% of what you learn will come from on the job experience from your projects. Your project manager is your day-to-day go to for support and direction. You’ll meet with them weekly for a 1:1 where you will go over your progress, next steps, and discuss feedback.
CAREER ADVISORY PROGRAM
Each new employee is matched with a Career Adviser (CA) through our Career Advisory Program. The program provides formal career guidance by establishing trusted one-on-one relationships with senior members of our management team.
In addition to being assigned a CA, new employees are also paired with a “buddy” — an Associate who has been with the firm for at least a year. Your buddy is there to a provide a relaxed, peer-to-peer relationship that will help you become acclimated to our culture and processes.
In any position, it’s always good to know where you are – and how far you can go. Our leadership development strategy starts at the campus level. We strive to recruit top new graduate talent for our team. Once new team members are on board, our goal is simple: to nurture and grow their skills, and position them to be Sendero’s future leaders by guiding them through a clearly defined career path:
At Sendero, we fully believe in growth from within — and provide the support and resources to guide you every step of the way.
students Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for a job at Sendero? You’ll find open roles on your campus job board or our Careers page. To apply, you’ll need a copy of your resume and unofficial transcript.
- Who can apply at Sendero? We embrace diversity. We welcome student applications from all universities, majors, and backgrounds. If you see an opening that fits your interests, skills, and competencies, don’t hold back!
- How soon after submitting an application will I hear back? We’re always excited to hear from potential new hires. Once you apply, you’ll typically hear back from our recruiting team within two weeks, whether you are invited to move forward in the recruiting process or not.
- Can I edit my application? No. Once submitted, an application cannot be edited. However, you may reapply if you made an error.
- Do you consider graduate students for full-time Associate positions? Yes. However, if you had substantial professional work experience between your undergraduate and graduate studies, you may be a better fit for an Analyst role.
- Does Sendero sponsor work visas? No. As a small but growing firm, we are not prepared to do so at this time.
- What is the best way for me to stay updated on career opportunities at Sendero? Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram. We regularly post our open roles there.